(RightWing.org) – In the wake of COVID-19, Americans have been wondering what steps will be taken to keep the pathogen at bay. Congress had already passed an $8.3 billion funding bill, which was signed by President Trump, but some believed that was lacking. Trump addressed the nation Wednesday night with his plans on how to combat the coronavirus while protecting the economy in the process.
Highlights from Trump’s proposed policies include:
- A 30-day travel ban from the EU to America that begins Friday at midnight (in the speech Trump says cargo is included but clarified on Twitter that it only applies to individuals)
- Calls to reduce non-essential visits to nursing homes
- Authorized the Small Business Administration to provide low-interest loans to companies affected by the virus
- Payroll tax relief
- Defer tax penalties for certain cases affected by the coronavirus
As far as medical coverage goes, Trump worked with insurance companies to:
- Waive copayments for virus screenings
- Extend insurance coverage
- Provide financial assistance to workers who are ill, quarantined, or caring for others afflicted by the virus
President Trump reiterated that this is not an economic crisis, but a moment in time that we will overcome together.
Copyright 2020, RightWing.org