(RightWing.org) – Few presidents in American history accomplished as much as President Donald Trump did in his first four-year term. There are the ones the public knows about; cutting taxes, reducing regulations, and creating a new branch of the military are obvious accomplishments. However, there are many others you probably don’t know the president did for America. It’s some of the less obvious things that President Trump did that make him a record-breaking president.
During the first three years of Trump’s presidency, nearly eight regulations were cut for every new one that was added. The Council of Economic Advisers (CEA) estimated that the reduction in federal regulations raised the income of Americans by $3,100 per household, per year. Businesses and consumers also saved $220 billion per year.
By itself, that’s a record breaking accomplishment. However, there were so many other things Trump did for Americans during his first term.
Let’s take a look at some of them.
Small List of Trump’s Major Accomplishments
Here’s a list of some of Trump’s successes many Americans aren’t aware of:
- 25% of low wage workers saw wages increase by 4.5% prior to the COVID-19 pandemic as a result of deregulation and tax cuts that inspired pay raises by employers.
- Entry-level pay increased for workers in retail and other industries.
- An executive order was signed by the president that forced health care providers to disclose their pricing. This empowered Americans to be able to price shop for their medical needs and see how much less money insurance companies pay for the same services than out-of-pocket payers. The EO also required hospitals to post standard charges and the discounts they accept.
- In 2018, the president signed a transparency law that allowed pharmacists to share the varying prices of competing drugs without the threat of lawsuits or contracts with drug manufacturers. The purpose of the bill was to lower prescription drug prices by making them more transparent.
- Under President Obama, drug prices increased 3.6% per year. Under Trump, drug prices dropped year after year with declines almost every month comparing 2019 to 2020.
- Violent crime fell every year during Trump’s presidency after rising during the previous two years under President Obama.
- In 2018, America became energy independent for the first time in a half-century. In 2018, the US cruised past Russia and Saudi Arabia as the world’s largest producer of oil.
- Poorly performing employees at the Veteran’s Affairs (VA) were held accountable. Over 4,000 VA employees were fired, demoted, or suspended.
- The “Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act” (SESTA) and the “Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act” (FOSTA) were signed into law.
- The John D. Dingell Jr. Conservation, Management and Recreation Act of 2019 was signed into law. The bill was the largest conservation and wilderness protection legislation enacted in over a decade.
Finally, and perhaps the most significant record-breaking achievement, President Trump oversaw Operation Warp Speed. It was the most ambitious scientific endeavor in generations. A vaccination was created to combat COVID-19 in months instead of years. The vaccinations are beginning to roll out. By the end of spring, it’s expected that every American who wants a vaccination would have access to it.
This is just a small list of the record-breaking accomplishments of President Trump. Unfortunately, most Americans don’t know about them. Nonetheless, the president achieved more in his first four years than many presidents do in two terms.
Copyright 2020, RightWing.org