Stephen Miller and Fox News Go Head to Head Over Trump

The Battle Over Stephen Miller and Fox News

White House senior advisor, Stephen Miller, was not going to back down during an intense interview on “Fox News Sunday” with Chris Wallace recently. For every Trump slur he faced, he had a rebuttal of facts to set the record straight.

Highlights

  • Miller backed up his defense of President Trump’s decision saying, “if this had been a foreign country that was in need of the United States’ aide, then no one would have made a big deal out of it. It is because it is America’s southern border that people are up in arms over it.” Miller also said, “The president will protect his national emergency declaration, guaranteed.”
  • Anchor, Chris Wallace, tried to discredit Trump and his decision again, by saying that illegal border crossings have been down since the turn of the century. Miller defended Trump’s move, saying, “One of the biggest changes that happened since then and now is the mass release of illegal aliens due to the patchwork of court rulings and loopholes in our federal laws and changing tactics from smugglers and transnational organizations.”
  • Wallace challenged Miller further, saying that he doesn’t see how this could be considered a national emergency. Miller again had a factual, well thought out defense. He said, referring to President Trump, “Like past presidents, he could choose to ignore this crisis, choose to ignore this emergency as others have, but that’s not what he’s going to do.”
  • The funds for the border wall are projected to enable it to be built to completion by September 2020. If this happens, Trump will have made good on his promise of the border wall before completion of his campaign for his second term as president. What a great way to get the voters attention, at just the right time.