CNN is one of America’s largest and most powerful news networks — and also its most controversial. For years, people have complained about CNN’s blatant liberal bias. The network says it’s not biased — it’s just presenting the news, and if the truth is left-wing, well, Conservatives are going to have to live with that. Unfortunately for CNN, they’re not the only journalists in town, and a bold freelance reporter has been doing some investigating of his own. Now he’s released explosive covert video that proves what we thought all along — CNN has a liberal bias, and it’s not an accident.
On Monday, the anti-corruption campaign group Project Veritas released the first in a series of alarming videos showing how senior management at CNN really feels about our government and the role of the press.
- Project Veritas was founded by “guerilla journalist” James O’Keefe. It specializes in using covertly-shot videos to expose corporate wrongdoing. Previous major stories have involved social media companies including Facebook, Google and Pinterest. Now it’s taking aim at the mainstream media too.
- Talking at the Value Voters Summit last Saturday, O’Keefe announced that this week would see a major expose of CNN. He said Project Veritas had obtained candid video of senior management from a whistleblower inside the network, and that it could be the biggest story Project Veritas had ever broken.
- Monday’s video release features CNN president Jeff Zucker telling employees that he wants them to focus on the impeachment campaign against President Trump. Zucker said “I don’t care about the MSNBC event, OK? I don’t care about them. Let’s just stay very focused on impeachment.”
- Nick Neville, a “media coordinator” for CNN, was filmed telling the whistleblower “basically the president of CNN has a personal vendetta against Trump… It’s not gonna be positive for Trump. He hates him.”
- Zucker claimed that “what’s going on in America now is really fundamentally the result of years of fake news, conspiracy nonsense from Fox News.”
- CNN is a private corporation and of course, its management has a right to free speech — but as a media organization, they have to exercise that right responsibly. If Zucker is really ordering a focus on the farcical attempts to impeach the president, and generally carrying out a personal vendetta against our president, that’s not responsible.
- Tens of millions of people rely on CNN for their news — but news isn’t what they’re getting. They’re being served up a daily helping of Jeff Zucker’s opinions and biases. That’s not good for our democracy, and it’s a good thing it’s now being exposed.
We will keep you updated on this explosive story as more videos are released.
Copyright 2019, RightWing.org