New Stimulus Checks Coming to These States
(RightWing.org) – Are you nostalgic for the stimulus checks the federal government sent out during the COVID pandemic? Depending on where you live, you could be in line for a pleasant reminder of those days of free money. Twenty states are now planning their own stimulus programs to help Americans through the cost of living crisis.
2022 Stimulus Checks: Is Your State Giving Out Money This Year? https://t.co/EXd0TbPN4J
— Quincy Smith (@smithquincy506) October 27, 2022
Right now, the US is suffering some of the highest inflation rates in decades. Rising prices for gas, food and anything that has to be transported any distance are eating into disposable income, leaving many Americans struggling. To ease the pressure on hard-pressed workers, 20 states are now sending out stimulus checks. Here are some of the programs:
- California is issuing a Tax Refund for the Middle Class worth up to $1,050.
- Colorado will pay cash back to residents aged 18 or older. Anyone who files a single tax return will get $750; joint filers will get $1,500.
- Connecticut is paying a Child Tax Rebate worth up to $250 per child, to a maximum of three.
- Delaware is already sending out $300 checks.
- Florida gave each family with children a one-off $450 payment this summer.
- Lower-income families in Oregon got $600 checks in late June.
Residents in Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina and Virginia could also be eligible for a stimulus check or a rebate on income or property taxes. If your state is running a program, check that you aren’t missing out.
Copyright 2022, RightWing.org