(RightWing.org) – The dismissal of General Michael Flynn as National Security Adviser was an early sign of the Left’s relentless hostility towards the Trump administration – and newly released documents show just how far the president’s opponents were prepared to go. It’s now obvious that Gen. Flynn was the victim of a conspiracy by establishment leftists who deliberately set out to trap a man who’s served this country for decades – a conspiracy that looks like it may have crossed the line into treason.
A cache of documents released Thursday blows huge holes in the case against former National Security Adviser Gen. Michael Flynn. He was forced to resign in February 2017, after just 24 days at his post.
- The case against Flynn grew out of the Democrat obsession with alleged Russian collusion in the 2016 presidential election. As a former intelligence professional, Flynn has a wide range of international contacts – including influential citizens of countries like Russia. The FBI seems to have quickly focused on him as a potential target.
- However, inconveniently for Democrat supporters inside the FBI, it soon became obvious there was nothing to find.
- An FBI document dated January 4, 2017, detailed an application to close the case against Flynn, who was codenamed CROSSFIRE RAZOR by the Bureau. The application reports how the FBI searched its databases for “derogatory information” – evidence of wrongdoing by the highly decorated general – and found NONE.
- The team who carried out the initial investigation concluded that “CROSSFIRE RAZOR was no longer a viable candidate as part of the larger CROSSFIRE HURRICANE umbrella case… databases did not yield any information on which to predicate further investigative efforts.”
- In other words, the FBI had looked for evidence of collusion by Flynn and concluded there wasn’t any. That’s where the investigation should have ended, as the actual investigators recommended.
- At this point, FBI counterespionage chief Peter Strzok intervened to keep the investigation open. The same day the team recommended it should be closed, Strzok – who was later dismissed from the FBI for sending anti-Trump tweets – texted an unknown agent with the order, “Don’t close RAZOR.”
- Then-FBI Director James Comey set a trap for Flynn, sending two agents to interview him and apply pressure, in the hope of catching him out. This led to charges against Flynn of lying to the FBI – which, it’s now clear, the Bureau deliberately manipulated him into doing.
- Handwritten notes from one of those agents reveal their aim was to get Flynn to lie in hopes of prosecuting or getting him fired. This is blatant entrapment of a senior government official.
- A former assistant to Comey admitted to setting the so-called perjury trap, adding, “We just decided, you know, screw it.”
- In an interview, House minority whip Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) reacted to the latest revelations by saying “People ought to go to jail, and (Strzok) would be at the top of the list.” He called Strzok a “dirty cop” and reminded reporters of his record of anti-Trump comments and bias.
Legal experts said Thursday the documents have the potential to completely demolish the case against Flynn, raising speculation the general could receive a pardon – or have his conviction dismissed entirely.
Copyright 2020, RightWing.org