(RightWing.org) – The leader of Senate Republicans has called out the Democratic Party over its bullying, destructive political tactics. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) reeled off a list of Dem moves that he says threaten the very foundations of our system of government. He makes a compelling case that when the Dems say they want to improve things, they really mean they want to stack the deck in their favor.
Senator Mitch McConnell launched a furious denunciation of congressional Democrats on Thursday. Speaking from the Senate floor, he highlighted several incidents that have him concerned.
- In March, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) stood outside a Supreme Court hearing and threatened Justices Brett Kavanaugh and Neil Gorsuch, who were hearing evidence inside. He warned, “You won’t know what hit you” if they ruled against Schumer’s preferences.
- McConnell says this is part of a pattern of Democrats threatening justices. He highlighted a letter sent to the Supreme Court last year, signed by several Dems, threatening “restructuring” if the Court didn’t “heal itself.” He mocked the letter, saying, “In other words: Nice judicial independence you’ve got there. It would be a shame if something happened to it.”
- Another issue is Democrat attempts to block or delay appointments to federal courts, something McConnell has worked hard to overcome.
- Continuing, McConnell condemned attempts to remove the legislative filibuster to assist their candidate, Joe Biden. Another issue he identified, also intended to swing the balance of power in the Democrats’ favor, is the push to make DC a state. That would hand two more Senate seats to the Democrats, at least in the short term.
- The veteran senator said that, now, Democrats don’t see electoral failure as a sign that they need better arguments. Instead, they just insist the system is broken and must be reformed – always in their favor, of course.
- He compared congressional Dems to the left-wing mobs rioting and destroying in cities across the US, saying that while rioters destroy statues of the Founding Fathers, “we have far-left politicians attacking the institutions those founders left us.”
Mitch McConnell has been a senator for 35 years and has seen administrations come and go. Now, for the first time, he’s seeing the US political system itself under attack, by a “Democratic” party that just can’t accept the fact it didn’t win the last election. His warning is worth listening to.
Copyright 2020, RightWing.org