Bigmouth New York congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) can always be relied on for provocative, anti-American statements, but she outdid herself last week when she compared detention facilities for illegal immigrants to Nazi concentration camps.
Her outrageous comments sparked the predictable backlash from Republicans. Now two survivors of real concentration camps have joined the discussion — and they’re not happy with AOC.
Because we still don’t have a wall to keep our southern border secure, thousands of illegal immigrants are currently being held in detention centers near the border. The Trump administration has known for months that conditions in these centers would need to be improved as detainee numbers rise, but until recently, House Democrats have refused to authorize the funding needed for that. So, having created the problem, the Dems are now trying to exploit it. Who did the worst job of that? AOC, of course.
- During an Instagram Live broadcast, AOC told her followers the US government is running concentration camps on the border. This was no slip of the tongue, either. When challenged, she doubled down spectacularly.
- The New York politician said, “We are losing to an authoritarian and fascist presidency…a presidency that creates concentration camps is fascist and it’s very difficult to say that.”
- Various politicians — including many Democrats — have criticized AOC’s choice of words, accusing her of trivializing the Holocaust. The maverick congresswoman is unrepentant, though, and is still making the comparison.
- Now two victims of real concentration camps have stood up to tell AOC how wrong she really is. Sami Steigmann and David Tick gave an exclusive interview to Turning Point USA and shared their horrifying stories.
- Steigmann, who was thrown in a forced-labor camp and used for medical experiments, almost starved to death in Nazi captivity. He was only saved by a German woman who gave him food. Steigmann’s message for AOC was, “How can you — looking at my face, telling me that the camps we have in the South are concentration camps? What you are doing is you are insulting every victim of the Holocaust. Shame on you!”
- Tuck was held in four separate concentration camps and still has his inmate number from the notorious Auschwitz death camp tattooed on his arm. “I’m a Holocaust survivor. I was in four concentration camps. We have no concentration camps,” he said. “Don’t talk to me about concentration camps.”
- The Five co-host, Jesse Watters, reminded us that AOC is “a member of Congress. We forget sometimes because she sounds like a bomb thrower.” It looks like her latest bomb just blew up spectacularly in her face.
Copyright 2019, Rightwing.org