Ex-FBI Deputy Director, Andrew McCabe, is apparently still trying to make headlines. In a recent interview with 60 Minutes reporter, Scott Pelley, he continues to make unsubstantiated claims against President Trump. And the president responded.
- McCabe continues to accuse Trump of interfering in the FBI’s investigation of Russia’s possible involvement with the presidential election but has yet to offer any facts to support his claim.
- Trump tweeted his thoughts about McCabe last week stating, “Disgraced FBI Acting Director Andrew McCabe pretends to be a “poor little angel” when in fact he was a big part of the Crooked Hillary Scandal & the Russia Hoax – a puppet for Leakin’ James Comey. I.G. report on McCabe was devastating. Part of “insurance policy” in case I won…”
- Vice President Mike Pence shared his thoughts on the matter with Andrea Mitchell from NBC News, saying he “couldn’t be more proud” of President Trump and what he has accomplished so far, “and the words of a disgraced FBI agent won’t change that fact for the American people.”
- Trump responded again to McCabe’s accusation against McCabe’s wife, Jill McCabe by stating in a tweet, “I never said anything bad about Andrew McCabe’s wife other than she (they) should not have taken large amounts of campaign money from a Crooked Hillary source when Clinton was under investigation by the FBI. I never called his wife a loser to him (another McCabe made up lie)!”
- This feud between McCabe and Trump has been ongoing for over 2 years and it does not look like there is any type of resolve going to happen in the near future.