(RightWing.org) – Leftists were outraged last Sunday when an Iranian student was detained at a Boston airport and refused entry into the US. Everyone from student activists to presidential candidates flocked to the 24-year-old’s defense but were unable to prevent him from being deported back to Iran.
The action’s been slammed by the Left as an example of the current administration discriminating against Iranians just because of where they’re from. Except now it turns out the young man’s family has some heavy-duty links to international terrorist groups, and he may not have clean hands himself.
Since the targeting of Iranian terror chief Qasem Soleimani, by US forces earlier this month, leftists have been complaining about its impact on Iranian-Americans and Iranian visitors to the country. An attempt by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) to stir up trouble over checks at the Canadian border failed, but now they have something else to gripe about.
- Last Sunday, 24-year-old Shahab Dehghani arrived at Boston’s Logan International Airport. Dehghani was traveling on a valid F1 visa and had been offered a place at a US university. However, he was detained and refused entry to the US.
- The Department of Homeland Security pointed out that possession of a visa doesn’t guarantee entry to the US, but leftists complained bitterly about the incident and activists flocked to Boston to demand Dehghani’s release.
- A Massachusetts judge granted Dehghani a stay of deportation Wednesday — but it later turned out he was already boarding a plane as the stay was granted, and minutes later he was deported from the US. That prompted more outrage, with Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) claiming this was “xenophobia” from the Trump administration.
- However, DHS has now revealed that Dehghani wasn’t detained and deported because he’s Iranian. In fact, it was because his family has close links to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, the fanatical paramilitary group that’s loyal only to the ayatollahs — and, through people like Qasem Soleimani, is responsible for Iran’s international terrorist activities.
- Dehghani’s family is also connected to Hezbollah, another Iran-backed terror group. Dehghani himself runs a YouTube channel called Islamic Pulse, which has called for “reprisals” against the US for the death of Soleimani.
- DHS says the evidence against Dehghani is strong enough that he wasn’t just denied entry; his visa has been revoked, which prevents him from getting another for at least 5 years. Of course, that won’t stop the Left demanding that he’s allowed back in.
Copyright 2020, RightWing.org