(RightWing.org) – Democrat politicians were quick to use the coronavirus pandemic as an excuse to attack President Trump. At every step, whatever the president did, left-wing politicians were lining up to tell us how wrong it was. However, the American people rallied behind Trump – and suddenly the Democrats decided his ideas on fighting the virus weren’t so bad after all.
Since the threat from the Chinese coronavirus became clear, President Trump has taken a number of steps to protect Americans from the disease.
- On January 31, Trump restricted travel from China, a move Dems instantly condemned as “xenophobic.” Joe Biden cited it as another example of “hysteria, xenophobia and fear-mongering,” while Bernie Sanders claimed he wouldn’t even consider travel restrictions.
- Now we know that it was unrestricted air travel that let the disease escape from one city in China and infect the whole world. Now Biden has gone quiet about travel restrictions, and Sanders says he’d leave that decision to medical experts. Maybe it’s because dozens of other governments – including many liberal ones – have followed Trump’s example and banned flights from China.
- Several media outlets criticized the travel restrictions because they contradicted advice from the World Health Organization (WHO). It’s emerged that the WHO might not have been the best source of advice – they’ve been repeating Chinese government propaganda throughout the crisis. They claimed until late January that there was no evidence the disease could be passed from person to person. China knew that claim was false, but the WHO didn’t bother to check it independently.
- Democrats have now dropped this line and started making other claims about the president, including that he called coronavirus a “hoax.” This is based on a Biden campaign video – which was manipulated; FAKE NEWS ALERT! nearly a minute of footage was removed to change the meaning of what Trump said.
- Several fact-checkers – including liberal-leaning ones like Snopes, Politifact and the Washington Post – have all confirmed that President Trump did not call the virus a hoax. Even they won’t support Dem lies anymore.
- Possibly the strongest example of Dems withdrawing their criticism is California’s left-wing governor, Gavin Newsom. Talking to CNN Wednesday, the frequent critic of the administration said, “The fact is, every time that I’ve called the president, he’s quickly gotten on the line. When we asked to get the support for that [USNS] Mercy ship in Southern California, he was able to direct that in real-time. We’ve got 2,000 of these field medical sites that are up, almost all operational now in the state, because of his support. Those are the facts.”
Copyright 2020, RightWing.org