Loudmouth freshman congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) is the darling of the Left-Wing media. What she doesn’t seem to be is the darling of her own constituents. The Federal Electoral Commission (FEC) has just released details of who’s donated to her re-election campaign. So, who’s involved? Well, not the people she’s supposed to be representing.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has raised more cash for her re-election campaign than any other freshman representative. That’s drawn some attention because the 29-year-old motormouth is one of the most popular politicians with the far-Left and their media supporters.
- The FEC has released statistics showing where AOC’s fundraising is paying off. It turns out that she’s getting more small donations from individuals than most other freshmen. However, almost none of the support comes from the district she represents in Congress.
- There are 88 freshmen in the House of Representatives right now. On average, they’ve received $107,141.29 in contributions from inside their districts.
- AOC isn’t even close to that. In fact, her constituents have given her just $1,525.50 — a mere 1.4% of the average. That dismal amount is even less impressive when you realize it all came from just ten people.
- There’s only one other freshman doing worse in donations from their district. Unsurprisingly, it’s another Democrat — Sylvia Garcia (D-TX).
- The so-called “squad” (the small group that includes AOC) has been talked up as the far-Left’s great chance to finally make a mark on US politics. However, there’s some bad news those Leftists don’t want to hear: the squad’s fundraises are among the worst of all members of Congress in their own districts. They’re being propped up by outsiders.
- The only one of the squad who has any significant support from her district is Ayanna Pressley (D-MA). Over 30% of Pressley’s donations were from people who can vote for her.
- Even still, the squad’s overall performance is pathetic. Ilhan Omar, the vocally antisemitic Minnesota representative, got just over 4% of her donations from her district. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) managed less than 2%. AOC herself is the lowest of these already dismal numbers.
- Their poor fundraising performance probably reflects what ordinary working Americans really think of the “squad.” Most voters have a very unfavorable view of them. Their support ranges from 33% for AOC down to just 22% for Pressley. Look at AOC’s own district, though, and you’ll see that her support falls to just 20%.
- The Left might be pinning its hopes on AOC and her sidekicks, but American voters have had plenty of time to watch her. It’s clear they don’t like what they see. Unfortunately for AOC, that disapproval seems to be strongest among her voter base. Her re-election campaign is going to be interesting, to say the least.
Copyright 2019, RightWing.org