Outspoken New York congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) has a reputation for supporting people most Americans wouldn’t touch with a ten-foot pole — but now it looks like she’s outdone herself by helping raise funds for a violent far-left group that’s carried out a string of attacks across the country over the last few years. If you’re a journalist, public speaker or political activist, and you happen to be right-of-center in your political views, Antifa wants to beat you up and destroy your stuff — and AOC wants to help them get away with it.
Recently, congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sent a tweet to her followers urging them to support a bail fund for “activists.”
One way to support the local LGBTQ community impacted by Boston’s white supremacist parade?
Contribute to the Bail Fund for the activists who put themselves on the line protecting the Boston community:https://t.co/z2NRSqHMve
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) September 1, 2019
Sounds innocent enough, right? But, if you notice, AOC was pretty coy about who these activists actually are and why they need a bail fund.
- According to AOC, the aim of the fundraiser is to support the Boston gay community.
- The fundraiser’s own website says it’s for “any legal fees, as well as supplies for jail support (rides home, food, changes of clothes, etc)” needed by the activists.
- What neither the website nor AOC mentioned was that the “activists” were counter-protesters who attacked police AFTER a “straight pride” event in Boston recently. She also forgot to mention that the fundraiser was set up before the event — so getting arrested obviously wasn’t unexpected for these “activists.”
- The counter-protest was actually a premeditated eruption of far-left violence by supporters of Antifa, the loose network of extremists best known for rampages by black-clad thugs. There were 36 arrests in all, mostly for assault and battery on a police officer.
- While Antifa and others portrayed the straight pride event as being organized by white supremacists, the organizers themselves condemned racism and pointed out that five of their twelve speakers were African-American.
- Violence was part of Antifa’s plan all along. Before the event, a leftist told the Boston Herald “We’re covered in black so when we attack these guys we can’t be prosecuted. They are fascists, 100%. How else are you going to get them to shut up?”
- Despite the obvious premeditation of the violence, both AOC and fellow “squad” member Ayanna Pressley urged their social media followers to give money to these criminals. It speaks volumes about their respect for our laws.
Copyright 2019, RightWing.org